Test and College Prep
- Brainfuse – The Chattahoochee Valley Libraries is now offering live online homework help powered by Brainfuse. Expert tutors will be available from 2pm-11pm daily to assist students in grades K-12 with Math, Science, Social Studies, English, SAT/ACT Test Prep & more.
- RB Test Prep – Provides PSAT, SAT and ACT practice exams with video-based explanations of questions, answers and general concepts. From outside the library, you will need the Galileo password. Contact the library at 706-243-2669.
- LearningExpress Library – Whatever your goal, LearningExpress Library’s resources will help you succeed. Achieve the results you want at school, work or in life by visiting one of our Learning Centers that offer practice tests, exercises, skill-building courses, eBooks and more. Patrons accessing LearningExpress outside the library will need the Galileo password to get access. You may call the library for the password at 706-243-2669.
- CREDO Reference (GALILEO*) – informative and reliable encyclopedia website.
- EBSCO Images (GALILEO*)- over 100,000 photos and maps, with an emphasis on world news and events.
- Newspaper Source (GALILEO*)- provides cover-to-cover full text for 35 national (U.S.) and international newspapers. The database also contains selective full text for 375 regional (U.S.) newspapers.
- Internet Public Library 2 – subject directory built by students and library and information science professionals; contains links and annotations to credible sites listed by subjects ranging from Arts & Humanities to Social Sciences.
- Infomine – virtual library of Internet resources such as databases, electronic journals, electronic books, and other types of information that pertain to student research with useful annotations; built by academic librarians.
- Mango – use your library card to access this free online language-learning system that can help you learn languages like Spanish, French, Japanese, Brazilian Portuguese, German, Mandarin Chinese, Greek, Italian and more
- World Almanac for Kids – A reliable resource for student reference that is a natural complement to the middle school curriculum with providing resources for homework, reports, and projects. Kids can explore age-appropriate topics while developing online research skills with trusted content.
1. Extraordinary Research Projects by Tamra B. Orr (YA Non-Fiction/Y 371.3 Orr)
2. National Geographic Student Atlas of the World – (YA Non-Fiction/Y 912 Nat)
Back to Top
- Poet’s Corner – offers everything you need to know about poetry, including a title, author and subject index.
- Encyclopedia Mythica – entails information on mythology, folklore and religion.
- CollegeSource Online (GALILEO*) – over 20,000 U.S. and international college catalogs. Database Title: CollegeSource Online.
1. Myths and Legends by Anthony Horowitz (YA Non-Fiction/Y 398.2 Hor)
2. Guide to College Majors: Everything You Need to Know to Choose the Right Major by Princeton Review (YA Non-Fiction/Y 378.1942 Gui)
3. The Facts on File Companion to American Poetry Volumes, 1 and 2 (YA Reference/Y REF 811.509 Fac)
Back to Top
GALILEO is an online library portal to authoritative, subscription-only information that isn’t available through free search engines or Web directories. Participating institutions may access over 100 databases indexing thousands of periodicals and scholarly journals. Over 10,000 journal titles are provided in full-text. Other resources include encyclopedias, business directories, and government publications.
*GALILEO Password – To access outside the Library, you will need the latest password. If you have an active Library Card, you may call the Teen Department during normal operating hours at 706.243.2690 to receive the newest password.
Back to Top