HOW ARE OVERDUE MATERIALS HANDLED?
The Library keeps a record of overdue materials for fines and materials not returned. You will be notified of overdue materials via mail or telephone after 14 days.
- Overdue fines for Books, Magazines, all CDs, and DVDs is 25¢ per day, per item.
- Overdue fines for Park Passes, STEAM Kits and Launchpads are $1 per day, per item.
- The maximum fine levied for any one item is $5.00.
- Overdue fines for laptops are $5.00 per hour.
- The maximum total fines allowed to accrue to any one customer’s account are $50.00.
- Fines are calculated from the date due to the date the item is returned.
- Fines are not charged on materials checked out from Bookmobiles or through InterLibrary Loan.
- Accounts with over $10 in fines will be blocked from using computers or borrowing materials.
- The Chattahoochee Valley Libraries employ a collection agency, Unique Management, to handle all collection of unpaid fines, lost materials, and damaged materials. Unique Management assesses a $10.00 fee to any account sent to collections. Collections may be reported to the Credit Bureau.
WHAT IF I LOSE OR DAMAGE AN ITEM?
Customers are required to pay for lost or damaged materials checked out on their Library Card. Customers are charged the retail price of a lost or damaged item plus a $10 replacement and processing fee.
IS THERE A LIMIT TO THE NUMBER OF ITEMS I CAN HAVE CHECKED OUT?
There is a maximum checkout of 40 physical items and 5 digital items on your card at any given time. Physical items can be checked out in any combination as noted below:
- 40 Books, Books on CD, Magazines, or music CDs
- 8 DVDs
- 2 STEAM kits or Launchpads
- (MAX 40 items total)
* Children’s card limitations may apply.
- Library materials can be renewed 24 hours a day through our website, automated renewal line (706) 243-2717 or mobile app (Chattahoochee Valley Libraries).
- Books, magazines, music CDs, and DVDs can be renewed up to 4 times.
- STEAM kits and Launchpads can be renewed once.
- Materials that are requested by another customer cannot be renewed.
- 24 Hour book drops are located outside of each of our 7 locations.
- DVDs and CDs can be returned in book drops, but STEAM Kits and Launchpads must be returned inside.
To access the library’s online resources:
- USERNAME- Library card barcode number.
- PIN number- the last 4 digits of the primary phone number given at registration.
- Some resources may require additional passwords.
- Please see staff for additional assistance.
WHAT DO THE DIFFERENT BORROWER TYPES MEAN?
Adult – Users ages 18 and older with full access to print and non-print collections.
Youth 1 – Users under the age of 18 with full access to print and non-print collections. Parent, legal guardian or guarantor permits access.
Youth 2 – Users under the age of 18 with access to only Children’s and Young Adult material. Parent, legal guardian or guarantor permits access.
Visitor – Non-residents may purchase a visitor card for $35.00 per year. The visitor card allows full access to Library materials and services.