HOW ARE OVERDUE MATERIALS HANDLED?
We are now Fines Free! The Library keeps a record of overdue or lost materials, and you will be notified about materials not returned. CVL offers various options for notifications, including email, text, mail, or telephone. Please speak to a staff member to verify your notification method and contact information.
- We no longer charge fines for items returned late.
- Fines are not charged on materials checked out from Bookmobiles or through InterLibrary Loan.
- Accounts with a lost or unreturned item will be blocked from using computers or borrowing materials.
- The Chattahoochee Valley Libraries employ a collection agency, Unique Management, to recover lost materials, and damaged materials. Unique Management assesses a $15.00 fee to any account sent to collections.
WHAT IF I LOSE OR DAMAGE AN ITEM?
Customers are required to pay for lost or damaged materials checked out on their Library Card. Customers are charged the retail price of a lost or damaged item.
IS THERE A LIMIT TO THE NUMBER OF ITEMS I CAN HAVE CHECKED OUT?
There is a maximum checkout of 40 physical items on your card at any given time. Physical items can be checked out in any combination as noted below:
- 40 Total Items
- Limit 8 DVDs
- Limit 2 STEAM kits or LaunchpadsThe loan period for most items is 14 days. DVD’s, STEAM kits, Launchpads, and passes check out for 7 days.All library card holders also have access to CVL’s digital collection. Please visit www.cvlga.org/download-it for more information.
- Library materials can be renewed 24 hours a day through our website, mobile app (Chattahoochee Valley Libraries), or by calling your local branch during normal operating hours.
- NEW!!! Eligible print books, magazines, music CDs, and DVDs will automatically renew up to 4 times, with a few exceptions. Click here to learn more.
- STEAM kits and Launchpads can be renewed once.
- Materials that are requested by another customer will not auto-renew.
- DVDs and CDs can be returned in book drops, but STEAM Kits and Launchpads must be returned inside.
- 24 Hour book drops are located outside of each of our 9 locations
To access the library’s online resources:
- USERNAME- Library card barcode number.
- PIN number- the last 4 digits of the primary phone number given at registration.