lynda.com—a premier online learning resource offering more than 4,000 courses covering technical skills, creative techniques, business strategies, and more—is now available FREE with your library card.
Once you log into lynda.com using your library card number and password, you may want to create a personalized account by entering a name and email address. This account will help manage your course history, playlists, bookmarks, and Certificates of Completion.
What does lynda offer?
Lynda for Libraries allows you to watch videos in small, easy-to-manage chunks, and to return to the lessons at your convenience.
Course offerings include:
- Art, graphic design, and music classes, teaching everything from 3D animation to engineering sound to the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, and more)
- Help with computer programs, including videos on how to use Microsoft Office
- Courses that can help you in your career—everything from public speaking to marketing to dealing with workplace issues
- Computer programming, IT management (Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X), and web design
- Photography and video… just to name a few.
Lynda can be accessed online — from home or at the Library.